Radiator Replacement Near Me
How Is It Made?
- Most modern cars use aluminum composite radiators, where the core is aluminum and the side tanks are reinforced plastic.
- These radiators are made by brazing thin aluminum fins to flattened aluminum tubes.
Why Does It Fail?
- Failure to service the coolant is a primary reason for failure. As coolant becomes more acidic over time, it consumes the aluminum core from the inside out.
- Age is a common culprit in the final days of radiators.
- Heavy use and being exposed to the elements wear down radiators.
- Corrosion, salt and humidity cause a radiator to fail over a period of time.
- When corrosion or contamination starts to form, it will slowly decrease the radiators capabilities until it breaks down completely.
- Collisions can also cause radiator failure, especially if the underhood becomes tighter due to impact. At Platinum Plus Auto Repair Centers we can provide a replacement and get you back on the road.
What are Symptoms of Failure?
- Puddles of coolant.
- Sweat smell under the hood.
- Overheating engine.
- Leaking coolant.
- Radiator sludge.
What Are the Consequences of Failure?
- Car overheats and produces steam/smoke.
- Bad thermostat.
- Electric fan no longer comes on.
- Failed head gasket.
- Bad seal between radiator cap and expansion reservoir, or too much air in system after fluid change.